For this reason I bow my knees before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named, that according to the riches of his glory he may grant you to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith—that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.Ephesians 3:14-21
Our pastor this morning preached from Ephesians 3:14-21. Among other things he said we do not pray only for ourselves, but for others and our concerns for them. All members of God’s family should encourage one another and pray for one another along these lines.
Can you comprehend being filled with the fullness of God?, can you grasp the love of God in Christ for us? Or Christ dwelling in our hearts through faith?, we? sinful vile creatures. Oh, how we need to be strengthen with His power through His Spirit.
As the Apostle Paul asks God to help the Ephesians, so I would like to pray for all of you my beloved family in Christ.
- May God strengthen you, with His power, through His Spirit, in your inner being.
- May Christ dwell in your hearts through faith.
- May you put down roots in love, and in love lay your foundation.
- May you be empowered with all the holy ones, to grasp how wide and long and deep and high is the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge.
- May you be filled to all the fullness of God.
May God be glorified in His people.